RevKJarla has this week’s prompt for the Friday Five:
Who knew it was the Second Friday of the month?
Thank goodness something reminded me, but my apologies for the late post. I have been busy getting ready for Blizzard Nemo (really, 24 inches in Boston? Why on earth don’t I have a snow blower???) and pondering life transitions–oh, but enough about me.
How about you?
1) What is sneaking up on you, and what have you been thinking about?
I have a presentation (my first one for a professional, post-graduation, theological conference) in TWO WEEKS and I am not ready. Not by a long shot. In actual working days, I only have about 10 days to prepare since 2 full days are knocked out by on call (working and recovering from sleep deprivation!)
2) What will you have for lunch today?
Ummmm… That will sneak up on me for sure. No clue as of yet.
3) If you were to get snowed in for two days, and you need to hunker down, what essentials and treats would you store up?
I’d charge all of the batteries for my electronic devices and relax. Really, there’s nothing that we can’t live without for 2 or 3 days. Though when we had our last big storm, my husband went out and purchased beer and ice cream. Not exactly a balanced diet, but he figured if we lost power, we could just store it in the snow!
4) Tell me a story about one awesome thing you have experienced in the last couple of weeks.
I don’t really have an “awesome” story coming to mind just now. The last few days have been a challenge professionally and I’m still in recovery mode. So I’ll let that chill for a while.
5) What is your favorite office supply to splurge on? (now THAT is random, right?)
This is not hard to answer at all! Just give me some bucks at the Levenger website and I’ll be sure to find something I don’t need but would enjoy.